Ban Oou Mosque can be found at the end of Soi 46 (Soi Ban Oou), Charoen Krung Road in the Bang Rak district of Bangkok, next soi to Bangrak RobinsonThis mosque trace back its roots in 18th century at the time of Rama V,though recently it has been renovoted , but still some portion of the mosque remainsas old as 100 years, Salat are held on regular times, while Jumah Salat is held at 1.00pm
History:During the reign of King Rama IV, a number of Muslim people from Yawa or Jawa came into Bangkok. Later, Ban Oou Muslim Community had been set up since the reign of King Rama V, people preferably called Surao Khaek (Muslim’s Mosque). By the contents in the title deed for a piece of land that King Rama VI gave the land to be the location for construction the Masjid (mosque) and Kubo (muslim’s funeral) in 1912. But in those days there was not a law to occupy properties for juristic person. In 1913 Hadji Abdul Kadeh Bin Hadji Mahamad who took care of the Masjid and Kubo at that time had changed the occupier’s name in the title deed for a piece of land from Surao and Pa Cha Khaek (mosque and muslim’s graveyard) to be Mr. Hadji Abdul Kadeh’s name. Then from 1919, he proceed his aim by sending the letters to the departments which concerned to the Masjid’s land, such as Department of Lands, Ministry of Agriculture, Ministry of Metropolitan, he wished the government service sections considered his petition and transferred the properties and land which mentioned Mr. Hadji Abdul Kadeh’s name to be the property of Ban Oou mosque, but it was still not worked out so far, those government service sections only acknowledged and recorded his requirement. Later on December 3, 2003 the proprietary right on the entire land of this mosque has been already transferred to the name of Ban Oou Mosque. The first imam of the mosque was Hadji Abdul Kadeh, and it has been the first registered mosque of Bangkok since November 29, 1948.